At the beginning of the summer, I pulled together this incredibly simple wreath to hang on our front door:
But now it’s fall and that wreath is, well, a bit out of season. Reluctant to part with it entirely, I decided to add to it rather than replace it altogether. When I made the wreath a few months ago, I used my hot glue gun to add a few starfish (purchased at the Christmas Tree Shops for about $2.99 for 6, I believe) to a grapevine wreath from Michaels (if you print out a coupon before you go, they are super cheap!). Then I rough cut a piece of burlap and tied a sloppy (read: imperfect) bow with it. Intentionally. I just like it better that way.
I visited my local dollar store to see what I could use to update the wreath for fall. (NOTE: I find Dollar Tree has the best selection of crafty items). For $1 each, I found clustered stems of maple leaves with berries. I used 2 clustered stems for my wreath. Because I know I’ll want to use the wreath again next summer, I elected not to use any glue or tape to add the leaves to my wreath. I cut apart the clusters and just popped a leaf in here and there (the grapevine will hold the stems) and then added a few berries to get this look: