Even though I am not hosting Easter, I still had fun decorating my dining room table. With Easter landing so late this year, spring fever is in full effect so I went with bold colors mixed with white for a fresh look. I also wanted to include a few different textures to give it a bit of personality: I combined glass, wood, rope, burlap, ribbon and metal.
Plus, I just splurged and bought a new lens for my SLR so I wanted something to photograph. This is one of my favorite shots so far:
1. I spray painted an old coffee can in semi gloss white paint and lined it with a plastic bag so I could place the tulips directly inside. Then I braided 3 pieces of manila rope and wrapped it around the base of the tulips to help them from flopping over. I tucked the ends of the rope inside the coffee can so you cannot see them.
2. I spray painted a black beaded frame that we had lying around the house. I plan to use the frame in a gallery wall but in the meantime, I added it to the centerpiece to corral the apples.
3. The apples were a Dollar Store find and I love them! I bought them to use on a wreath but for now, I thought they added a nice splash of my favorite color. These were sold in bags of 6 for $1.
4. I found these swans at a thrift shop over the winter. They were in pretty sad shape but I saw their potential. I cleaned them (several times) and then, again, painted them with a semi-gloss white. I chose to paint these by hand because I wasn’t sure how well the spray paint would work with all of the grooves and curves.
5. I added a piece of burlap as a runner and made a border with white grosgrain ribbon. I anchored the ribbon at the four corners with sand dollars.